Your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, employees at your favourite store and the random people you pass everyday are all dealing with problems. They may be driving a nice car, working a decent job or well dressed but every single person has their own battles. These problems may be financial, personal, job or health related. It’s one of the sure things in life; we will all face trials.
As humans, we all desire to live a stress free life. We create a list of reasons as to why we should not have to fight certain battles:
- I believe in God.
- I am a good person, I try to do the right thing all the time.
- I am a giving person.
- I am positive, I encourage others.
The list goes on and on but even in the Bible, God did not promise that life will be easy. At every stage you will face trials and there will probably come a time when you feel like the world is out to get you and God has disappeared. Sometimes, these trials lead you to feel overwhelmed, stressed, anxious or reclusive and eventually, you refuse to deal with them.
It is understandable that you want to pretend your problems don't exist but there is no point in doing that because it will only come back to haunt you in the end. Take a day or two to feel sorry for yourself, cry, be angry but after those two days, GET UP AND DEAL WITH IT! Face your trials head on and conquer them, these tough days show you how strong you are and serve as a reminder that you can overcome anything.
Here are some tips to help you conquer your trials:
- Confide in someone you trust in relation to the problems you are facing - Isolating yourself from your loved ones and bottling up how you feel will only hurt you more. It helps to surround yourself with people who make the load lighter and it reminds you that you do not have to go through life's challenges alone.
- Ask for help if necessary - It is YOUR responsibility to solve the problem and conquer your trials but at the end of the day, no one man is an island. There is nothing wrong with seeking assistance and it may be just what you need to do to overcome this battle.
- Maintain a positive attitude - How you gon win when you ain't right within? A defeatist attitude will only make it harder to solve the problem. You honestly have to believe that things will get better and you are just experiencing a tough season. Your predicament is not your destination.
- Take one day at a time - Don't focus on how far you have to go and the problems that need to be resolved. Focus on the current day and what you can do to make it better. Everyday that you survive, pat yourself on the back and say, "I have made it yet another day!"
- Pray - There is power in persistent prayer!! When prayers go up, blessings come down. Give it to God and just leave the rest up to Him.
- Reflect on the previous trials you have conquered - Remember that thing that you thought you wouldn't get over? Right! This too shall pass.
- Do something to relax your mind - Go to the beach, go out with friends, practice yoga or meditation, exercise, journal or binge watch your favorite series.
You were not built to break and although it may seem like life is throwing a bit too many lemons at you, you'll eventually make lemonade and it will be damn good!
Do not allow any circumstance to crush your spirit and always strive to learn and grow from every difficult situation.
Char is the Editor of doseofinspiration246.com. A firm believer in Christ and has a deep love for her family. Char believes that we should always seek to uplift and encourage each other and she desires to continuously promote positivity.